MONTANA.GOV Template Compliance Criteria
At the direction of the Governor's Office, all executive branch agencies must follow the MONTANA.GOV template for all websites provided, supported and maintained on the Internet using state resources. The MONTANA.GOV template is for static or information web pages; a different standard applies for eGovernment services (see below). Exceptions granted by previous Administrations do not apply.
How To Use the Montana.gov Template
The template as delivered from the State Information Technology Services Division (SITSD) contains the following required elements which are viewable at this page.
- This is the white top bar that contains the MONTANA.GOV logo and "OFFICIAL STATE WEBSITE" text label, and the Services, Agencies and Login links and Search.
- BACKGROUND IMAGE
- The background is a Montana image that changes upon browser refresh and scales to fit the entire window of the user agent.
- This is is the white bottom bar that contains the MONTANA.GOV logo at right and the Privacy & Security and Accessibility links.
Agency Controlled Elements
The following elements and content described are controlled by the Agency. The content is at the sole discretion of the website owner. The Agency must
follow all applicable laws, rules and policies regarding the operation of a state government website.
- AGENCY PAGE MENU
- This is a menu that can be used for navigation to agency specific content.
- AGENCY PAGE CONTENT
- The Page Content consists of the area underneath the template header to the State required bottom footer.
- URCHIN ANALYTICS
- Urchin is a web statistics program that is used to analyze the traffic on your website.
- FOUNDATION 3
- This creates powerful multi-device layouts on your site. It will create a responsive website that will accomodate a wide range of devices from smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers.
- AGENCY FOOTER
- On this page the optional agency footer content section is above the required footer and contains the headings Site Maintained By and About Montana.
Template With Optional Footer
- AGENCY SEARCH
How-To implement Agency Search
Web pages that are exempt from the above MONTANA.GOV Template compliance criteria:
- eGovernment Services (see the eGovernment Services Certification Standard)
- Non-customizable delivered sites or services (such as off-the-shelf software that is not customizable or subscription services that do not allow a banner and footer to be customized or added to the website)
- Intranet pages, services, or applications (intranet is being defined as behind the state data network firewall and not available to those not authorized for use on the State's data network)
- Microsoft Office documents, .pdf files, .txt files, .rtf files, etc.
- Publications or brochures